The 21st Congress of the Assyrian Universal Alliance convened at Hyatt Regency in
Dearborn, Michigan from August 25 through 27, 1997 and adopted the following
Declaration and resolution:
- The AUA fully supports the unification of all Assyrian churches and will do our share to cooperate for the successful conclusion of this effort.
- We support the lifting of sanctions against Iran and Iraq. These sanctions have caused undo hardship against women, children and families of these countries. We encourage both the United Nation and Allies to find a satisfactory solution for the removal of these sanctions.
- Assyrian Universal Alliance reaffirms its aims and goals as follows:
- One Name for One Nation
- One Leadership for One Nation
- One Language for One Nation
- The Right for Self Determination in our Own Homeland
We invite all nationalistic Assyrian institution and agencies to join us in support of these aims and goals.
- Assyrian Universal Alliance supports and encourages the elimination of religious persecution of the Christian minorities in the Middle East countries.
- The 21st World Congress of the Assyrian Universal Alliance expresses its gratitude and appreciation of William G. Yonan, Branch of Detroit, Michigan for hosting the 21st Congress in Dearborn, Michigan.
- The 21st World of the Assyrian Universal Alliance expresses its gratitude to those countries that encouraged and supported the Assyrian delegates attending this Congress.
- The 21st Congress of the Assyrian Universal Alliance expresses its gratitude to the City of Dearborn, Michigan and all the officials for their hospitality and cooperation in making the Congress a success.
- The 21st Assyrian Universal Alliance resolved to peruse participation of all Assyrian Organizations and Federations to affiliate with Assyrian Universal Alliance and further we thank AANF for their support of this effort.
- We appreciate the efforts of the Assyrian Democratic Movement and all other parties for their support and protection of our Assyrian Community in Northern Iraq.
- The 21st Assyrian Universal Alliance resolved to prepare a curriculum on Assyrian Holocaust for presenting to School Board of Educations so that Assyrian Holocaust may be taught along with their Holocaust teaching in schools. This material to be distributed to all countries where permitted and committee be set up to prepare the teaching material.