The 11th Congress Sydney, Australia, November 2nd – 11th 1978
The 11th Congress of the Assyrian Universal Alliance assembled in Sydney, Australia, from November 2nd through November 11th 1978, and by unanimous resolution made the following decisions:-
- The 11th congress reviewed the many reports of the delegates of the affiliated countries, then it planned the programs and course of action for the ensuing year , based upon its scrupulous study and review of the political , economical and social circumstances of the Assyrian nation in the Middle East and in the many countries of the world where the Assyrians live.
- The Executive Board and the Secretary-General of the Assyrian universal Alliance were elected for a three year term.
- The 12th congress of the Assyrian Universal Alliance is to convene in September-October 1979 in the City of Detroit, United States of America.
- Be IT RESOLVED that the 11th congress hereby wishes to register its protest against the existence of the Syrian Armed Forces in Lebanon, where the Assyrian Christians and others are being killed. For reasons of peace and humanitarianism, these forces should be pulled out under the orders of the United Nations.
- BE IT RESOLVED that profound gratitude is expressed to the Government and people of Australia for the privileges accorded to the members of the Assyrian Universal Alliance on the accasion of this Congress.
- Be IT RESOLVED that the Assyrian Universal Alliance is committed to the creation of complete unity amongst the Assyrian Nation.
- BE IT RESOLVED that a program be implemented to bring the plea of our Nation to the attention of the Nation to the attention of the Nations of the world, thus raising consciences to our just and human rights for existence as a Nation.
- BE IT RESOLVED that the continuous aim of the Assyrian Universal Alliance is a National Homeland for the Assyrian in their ancestral homeland.
- BE IT FINALLY RESOLVED that the 11th congress of the Assyrian Universal Alliance, in accordance with the temporary constitution of Iraq, wishes to convey to the Government of Iraq its proposal to re-open negotiations on the basis of the 1973 resolutions presented to the Iraqi government by the late Malik Yacoub De Malik Ismail accompanied by the Assyrian committee in Iraq and a delegations from the Assyrian Universal Alliance.