The 7th CONGRESS CHICAGO-USA SEPTEMBER 18-22, 1974
- Be it RESOLVED that the Iraqi Government recognize and implement the following demands of the Assyrian Nation, submitted under the leadership of the late Malik Yacoub D’Malik Ismail.
- We request the Government of Iraq to accept the Assyrian Nation, constitutionally as a third principal Nation within the political framework of the Republic of Iraq.
- We request the Government of Iraq to accord an autonomous status to the Assyrians in the territory between the Greater Zab and the Tigris Rivers.
- The newly created Assyrian Autonomous State, in said territory shall be administered and protected by the Assyrians themselves.
- 2.Be it RESOLVED that the Assyrian Universal Alliance take part and participate in any immediate or future peaceful negotiations and settlements between the warring parties in Northern Iraq.
- Be it RESOLVED that the seventh Assyrian Universal Alliance Congress deems it necessary to register its deepest concern and grievances regarding the deplorable conditions perpetrated upon Assyrians, victims of circumstances in the war-torn area of Northern Iraq.
- Be it RESOLVED that the seventh Assyrian Universal Alliance Congress is hereby extending its gratitude to charitable organizations world over, including the Red Lion and Sun Society of Iran for their aids for the needy Assyrians and Kurds.
- Be it further RESOLVED that the seventh Congress calls on all Heads of States and the United Nations, to take the necessary steps for a peaceful solution in Northern Iraq.
- Be it finally RESOLVED that the seventh Congress calls on all Nations and the United Nations, that the Assyrian Nation be continued to be historically known as ASSYRIA, and neither as a religious denomination NOR Tribal Sect.